The Art of Managing External Lighting
In an office in the centre of Stuttgart, a company from nearby Fellbach, Jennert Bau-Chemie, carried out and implemented all of the requirements laid out by the building contractor responsible for the work. The biggest challenge was the introduction of a homogenous, matt surface which was subjected to large streaks of light coming in from windows all around the office. The Client’s requirements included a dark-grey floor, applied with a pigmented sealer in RAL 7021 and this had to be perfectly laid, as any ledges or even the smallest uneven sections would have been visible.
>> object: Office Space in Stuttgart
A flawless underground preparation was essential for this floor surface. The old PU coating had to be carefully ground which wasn’t always successful due to the way it had been prepared in the past and there the solvent-free bonding agent VIASOL PU-P2250 was used. The remaining surfaces were primed by Jennert using the unfilled VIASOL EP-T703, and were brodcasted with sand (0,5 – 0,7 kg/sq) and this had the advantage that shear forces of the PU-coating are protected.
The pore closing VIASOL PU-C525 with ca. 0,8 kg/sq was applied onto the stripped surface. This highly elastic material balances uneven areas and closes small pores on the surface. The top coating applied was the VIASOL PU-C525 (ca. 2,5kg/sq) and thereafter the UV and colour stable sealer VIASOL PU-S6000P was used. The PU seal coat impresses with its matt surface and simple and streak-free application.
The Requirements and Challenges:
- Light shining in from all sides
- Colour tone RAL 7021
- Matt, homogenous and universal surfaces
- All areas, ie. offices, meeting rooms, washrooms and corridors to have identical coating
- Surface area of ca. 250 sq
- The surface needs to be wheelchair-friendly
- Non-porous and watertight system
- Compliant with VOC regulations
- Compliant with all necessary DIN and EN standards
The right system for offices
VIASOL ELASTIC GREEN LINE ECO
Highly elastic polyurethane resin coating system, sound insulating, warm underfoot, pleasant to walk on, low emission and ideal for light mechanical and chemical resistance with a large choice of colours.
- Impact sound reducing up to 3 dB
- Gentle to knees and joints, durable elasticity
- Low emission accord. to AgBB guidelines and other European standards
- Self-levelling, seamless and jointless
- High abrasion resistance, suitable for chairs with wheels
- Light to medium chemical resistance
- Homogeneous and anti-skid surface
- Hygienic, no pores, impermeable to liquids
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Available in many colours
- Very high color and UV-stability
- Suitable for floor heating
- Fire resistance class Bfl-s1
SYSTEM GREEN LINE ECO
Areas where people spend longer periods of time must adhere to high levels of environmental, health and occupational safety requirements and for these spaces, building products must comply to specified standards. AgBB (German „Ausschuss zur gesundheitlichen Bewertung von Bauprodukten“) is the standard which assesses the health impact from the emissions of volatile, organic compounds (VOC) of building products.
Click here for more information about the Green Line Eco System range of products
For further questions please contuct us:
VIACOR Polymer GmbH
Telephone: 07472 - 94 999-0