VIASAN BUILDING PROTECTION
The proven and economical maintenance for concrete parts
The problem: hundreds of thousands of concrete poles that were erected as maintenance-free yet now show extensive damages. In part, the structural stability is even threatened. In each case, it is verifiably much more economical to refurbish than to replace the concrete parts.
The stresses on the concrete are tremendous: large changes in temperatures across the seasons and within just a few hours (sunshine following freezing nights) affect severe thermal changes in length; significant tensile forces through snow, wind and cables stress the statics; permeating moisture initiates the carbonisation. Fissures, spalling, torsion damages and corrosion are inevitable consequences
If the refurbishing is meant to produce lasting success, the applied materials need to be optimally adapted to the physical properties of the concrete. This is where the products of VIASAN series come into play: epoxy resins and pure acrylates that were specifically developed by us and tested for their long-term use.
The VIASAN refurbishment concept for concrete parts: perfectly tailored for the special application
For each partial step, perfectly adapted, developed and tested products of the VIASAN series are available.
- After removing the damaged material, fissures are filled with injection resin, breakouts pre-treated with a special adhesive base and then re-profiled with an EP-mortar system that is set up for the depth of damage.
- In the case of torsion damages, a glass-fibre and EP-laminating-resin combination is used.
- Hygric tensions are minimised by applying ventilating and de-airing drills; the inner wall is hydrophobised for removing moisture
- Finally, the entire pole is deep-temperature-fissure bridged and vapour-diffusion coated. The special system has a CO2-diffusion resistant effect.
The refurbished poles do not show any new damageseven after several years.
Areas - refurbishment of:
- vertical concrete parts
- concrete poles in the power supply in the medium-voltage grid
- concrete poles in the power supply of S-bahn trains, underground U-bahn trains, etc.
- concrete parts surrounding urban construction
You may gladly contact us should you have questions relating to concrete maintenance:
VIACOR Polymer GmbH
phone: +49 7472 94999-0